2014 WISTA USA AGM: In 2014, the New Orleans Chapter hosted the WISTA USA AGM in mid-May. More than 80 WISTA USA members, distinguished speakers, and guests gathered at the Monteleone Hotel for the customary WISTA USA business meeting, followed by presentations focused on the subject of "The Mississippi - Backbone of America: The Infrastructure Crisis." Our speakers included representatives from both government and private industry. Please click on the links below to view the agenda and available speaker presentations. Event photos are available here.
2013 WISTA USA AGM: Our Pacific Northwest Chapter (which comprises Alaska, Washington, and Oregon) hosted the 2013 WISTA USA AGM in Seattle. Over 50 members and guests attended the event and lively speaker series that focused on "Pacific Northwest: Gateway to the Arctic." Please click on the links below to view the AGM materials and selected presentations; also, event photos are available here.
2012 WISTA USA AGM: Houston, TX
2011 WISTA USA AGM: Washington, DC
2010 WISTA USA AGM: Fort Lauderdale, FL
2009 WISTA USA AGM: Petaluma, CA
2008 WISTA Conference: In 2008, WISTA USA had the very great honor of hosting the WISTA International Conference in New Orleans in mid-October. Nearly 300 WISTA members, speakers, and guests from around the world gathered at the Royal Sonesta Hotel in the historic French Quarter for this event, which focused on WISTA's mission of "Raising the Profile - Reducing the Footprint" of the shipping industry. Please click on the links below to view the AGM materials.
Plenary Session: Criminal Enforcement of Environmental Laws and the Marine Industry
* Lana Pettus, Trial Attorney, U.S. Department of Justice, Environmental Crimes Section: Vessel Pollution Enforcement
Regulatory / Legislative Developments Panel:
Foreign Investment in the United States (joint presentation by all panelists)
Seafarer Issues Panel:
* Captain Tom Laird, American Maritime Officers: US Crews on Foreign-Flag Ships
* Mike Rodriguez, Executive Assistant to the President, Masters, Mates & Pilots: Criminalization of Shipping from the Seafarer's Perspective
Port Congestion and the Environment Panel:
* Dabney Hegg, Professional Staff Member, U.S. Senate, Committee on Commerce, Science & Transportation, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation & Merchant Marine: Port Security and the Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
* Kathleen Bailey, Port Sector Liaison, Office of Policy, Economics and Innovation Sector Strategies Program, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency: Ports and the Environment
Raising the Profile and Corporate Social Responsibility Panel:
* Carleen Lyden-Kluss, President, Morgan Marketing & Communications - Moderator's Presentation